At Providend, we respect the privacy and confidentiality of the Personal Data of our clients and others whom we interact with in the course of providing our services. We are committed to keeping your Personal Data safe by implementing policies, practices and processes to safeguard the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data you provide us, in compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2012.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
The following are examples (without limitation) of the circumstances in which we collect your Personal Data when you:
- enter into an agreement or contract with us to provide you with our wealth advisory services;
- respond to our electronic direct mails (EDMs) sent by us as part of our marketing campaigns through an authorised third party EDM service provider;
- are referred to us for our services by our clients or others;
- enquire about our wealth advisory services either through the Sites, or written, published or electronic means, or the telephone;
- visit our website (including our social media platforms) and leave behind your contact information;
- use, access and provide your Personal Data through Client Online Access Portal and its mobile application, a user-only restricted access area for our clients and others whom we interact with in the course of providing our wealth advisory services;
- communicate with us via emails or written correspondences;
- submit your resume and CV to us in response to our recruitment advertisements, or to job portals which are in turn forwarded to or retrieved by us;
What Personal Data We Collect
The types of Personal Data we collect about you include:
- contact information (e.g., name, postal address, telephone number, email address)
- personal information (e.g., date of birth, identity card number/passport number, country of birth, country of residence, citizenship, nationality);
- financial details (e.g., income, expenses, tax information, bank account details);
- employment details (e.g., occupation, positions held, employment history, salary and/or benefits);
- health condition and insurance information;
- investment information (e.g., account numbers and investment transactions)
- information about your risk profile, investment objectives, knowledge and experience and/or business interests and assets;
- your personal opinions made known to us, e.g., through feedback or surveys;
- background information such as information relating to your activities, habits, preference and interests, arising from your use of our wealth advisory service;
- personal information of someone else, e.g., when you apply for a product or service in joint names or where you nominate other people on your policy. You must obtain that person’s prior consent before providing his/her personal information to Providend; and/or
- other electronic data or information relating to you such as browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, cookies, activity logs, online identifiers and how you use the Sites and our services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the Personal Data you provide us for one or more of the following purposes:
- respond to your enquiries or requests on our products and services;
- provide our wealth advisory services, including but not limited to:
- understanding your financial needs;
- determining and verifying your ability to afford the financial and insurance products you apply for; and/or
- performing any functions and activities related to products and services, including but not limited to audit, billing and payment, data analytics, product development, reporting, research, analysis, general servicing and maintenance of online and other services.
- conduct background and credit checks, screenings, and due diligence checks as may be required under applicable laws, regulations or directive;
- communicate with you, including but not limited to:
- provide updates regarding your purchase;
- facilitate and connect you with the third-party product or service providers who will process your request(s) or application(s) in relation to products and services;
- notify you of products, services or events that may be of interest to you;
- send you information materials and/or documents such as client notes, market reviews, surveys, educational contents affiliated to our services;
- address or investigate any complaints, claims or disputes;
- analyse the use of our product, services or the Sites; and/or
- design, promote, improve and further the provision of our services or business aims and purposes.
Who We Disclose Your Personal Data To
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following entities or organisations outside Providend in order to fulfill our services to you:
- third-party product or service providers in connection with your inquiry, request or application about such product or service;
- credit reference agencies to conduct background and credit checks as may be required under applicable laws, regulations or directive;
- any debt collection agencies, in the event of payment default;
- healthcare providers in connection with your insurance policy;
- agent, contractor or third-party service providers who provide services as required for our business operations including information technology infrastructure, e.g., EDM/Email Service Vendors, Cloud Service Providers;
- Relevant authorities such as regulators, supervisors, governments or quasi-governmental authorities, where required to do so by law; and/or
- A third party, in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy, liquidation, winding up or similar proceedings). Under this situation, you may be assured that we will inform you first before disclosing your Personal Data to the third party.
We wish to highlight that any information you post or disclose on message boards, blogs, website and social media platforms of Providend and other services to which you are able to post information and materials, will become public information and may be available to visitors of our website and social media platforms and to the general public. This includes your testimonial in relation to our services, whether given online or written in person, and you are deemed to have given us the consent to repost that testimonial on the Sites.
We may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your Personal Data outside Singapore. In doing so, we will impose relevant safeguards to ensure appropriate levels of protection and will comply with the PDPA and any other applicable laws and regulations.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We have put in place appropriate information security and technical measures (such as data encryption, antivirus protection, firewalls and secure network protocols) to protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse, destruction, unauthorised alteration/modification, access, disclosure or similar risks. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or method of storage is completely secure. While we cannot guarantee full security, we seek to protect the security of your information by constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
When we engage third party service providers to process Personal Data on our behalf, we will ensure that they provide sufficient guarantees to us to have implemented the necessary organizational and technical security measures and have taken reasonable steps to comply with these measures.
We have also implemented reasonable and appropriate organizational measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and will only share your data with authorised persons on a need-to-know basis.
How We Retain Your Personal Data
How You Can Access and Make Correction to Your Personal Data
We will respond to your request as soon as possible, or within 30 days from the date we receive your request. If we are unable to do so within the 30 days, we will let you know and give you an estimate of how much longer we require.
If you find that the Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, you may ask us to correct the data. Where we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that a correction should be made, we will correct the data as soon as possible, or within 30 days from the date we receive your request.
Updated 7th Feb 2023, ©2023 PROVIDEND LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.