In a world with so much geopolitical issues and uncertainty, retirement seems to be a scary subject to think about.
Retirement planning during withdrawal phase is more complex because retirees face the following risks in retirement:
- Longevity risk – the risk of money running out before you do
- Inflation risk – the risk of decreasing purchasing power
- Market risk – the risk of not having your money when you need it due to market volatility
- Withdrawal risk – the risk of overspending in your retirement years
- Healthcare risk- the risk of increasing healthcare costs
Watch this video as Christopher Tan, CEO of Providend, shares ways you can prepare to combat these risk to have a peaceful retirement for your golden years.
In the near two decades that we have worked with retirees, we understand one thing: Reliability of income is more important than return on investment at this phase of your life. As such, we have developed a proprietary methodology called RetireWell®, that can help you draw down strategically from your retirement nest egg.
Our Retirewell® methodology was featured in The Business Times every month for almost a year in 2017 and has 11 parts to it, namely:
• Part 1: Drawing Down Retirement Money
• Part 2: Offering Retirees Security and Peace of Mind
• Part 3: Low Cost, Consistent Results
• Part 4: Counting on low-cost Index Funds
• Part 5: Investment Philosophy for a Retiree Client
• Part 6: Ensuring a ‘Safe Retirement Income Floor’
• Part 7: Remain Invested Over the Long Haul
• Part 8: Purpose-Driven Retirement Planning
• Part 9: A Tale of Two Retirees And Their Fortunes
• Part 10: Stock Markets Always Rise Over The Long Term
• Part 11: Retirement – It’s About The Kind Of Life You Want To Lead
With Retirewell®, we will design a plan that will give you a safe and reliable stream of income for the rest of your life, with provisions for legacy in the event of demise, so that you can live up your retirement with peace of mind.
We do not charge a fee at the first consultation meeting. If you would like an honest second opinion on your current investment portfolio, financial and/or retirement plan, make an appointment with us today.