In this two-part episode, we are joined by Jeshua, a 28-year-old who travelled during the COVID-19 pandemic to over 50 countries, in a span of three years!
He navigated through the uncertainty of vaccinations and avoided quarantines & visa applications, all while he was working remotely and keeping costs low – with a total estimated spent of just US$3000.
Jeshua has always been a proponent of working remotely, and this travel-experience was simply an extension of his belief. In fact, he found it ‘abnormal’ to do what everyone else was doing. He shared: “The worse lesson we can pick up is that everything in life progresses in a sequence.”
Through his travels, he discovered that there are more ways to define success than by being rich, such as generosity and happiness. It is important how we view others in the community and look out for one another. “If we become so developed and neglect those around us, we have lost the plot!” This is indeed a good reminder on what living a meaningful life is all about – the people around us.
It has been a joy having Jeshua with us and we hope you find his story as inspiring as we did.
Stay tuned for part two of this interview which we will share in the following weeks to come.
The Providend Conversation is a video series inspired by Christopher‘s article “To Live the Good Life, Make Life Decision First Before Wealth Decisions”.
For more interviews of the series, check out:
1. The Providend Conversation with Loo Cheng Chuan
2. The Providend Conversation with Lim Der Shing & Huang Shao-Ning
3. The Providend Conversation with Tham Why Keen
4. The Providend Conversation with Dr Tang Teck Nguong
5. The Providend Conversation with Jonathan Teoh
6. The Providend Conversation with Christopher Tan
7. The Providend Conversation with Philip Ng
8. The Providend Conversation with Terence Quek
9. The Providend Conversation with Ong Bee Yan
10. The Providend Conversation with Jeshua Soh (Part 2)
11. The Providend Conversation with Jeshua Soh (Part 3)
Let us assist you in taking care of your financial concerns so you can focus on what matters to you. If you would like an honest opinion on your current financial/retirement plan, insurance portfolio, investment approach and/or estate plan, make an appointment with us today.